‘I’m told’: Jiurnalists drop huge updates on ‘incredible £50m star’ to Arsenal – Invimeo
Premier League

‘I’m told’: Jiurnalists drop huge updates on ‘incredible £50m star’ to Arsenal

Arsenal target Pedro Neto is unlikely to force a move to the Emirates Stadium, according to CBS journalist Ben Jacobs.

The Portugal international has emerged as Mikel Arteta’s sole focus in the final days of the transfer window, but Jacobs now reckons that a switch to north London is “improbable” at the moment.

What’s the latest news involving Neto?

Having tried to sign Raphinha prior to his move to Barcelona earlier this summer, it quickly became clear that signing a winger was a priority for Arsenal.

Following Nicolas Pepe’s loan to Nice, Arteta has just three wide players at his disposal and one of those is Emile Smith Rowe, who’s enjoyed much of his good work through the middle.

Therefore, The Athletic claim that Neto is Arsenal’s top wide target, although the 22-year-old, described as ‘incredible‘ by Pep Guardiola’, only signed a new long-term contract in March, which means Wolves are in a strong position around the negotiating table.

Meanwhile, The Sun state that Arsenal have already held talks with the wide man, although they’re only willing to pay £35m for Neto, which falls £15m short of Wolves’ asking price.

What did Jacobs say about Neto?

With just more than 48 hours left until the window closes, Jacobs reckons that Neto signing for Arsenal is unlikely to happen.

He told GIVEMESPORT: “If Wolves just rejected a couple of times or intimate the player is not for sale, and if Neto doesn’t force, a move, which I’m told is unlikely despite a kind of openness and an interest in Arsenal, then you just run out of time.

“And I think because Arsenal are in no desperate rush to buy anybody really because of the start that they’ve made and the players that they’ve brought in, and because of the asking price and Wolves’ position, that one is going to be pretty improbable at this stage.”

Could Arsenal still sign a winger?

With the Gunners set to miss out on Neto, they’ll have to act quickly if they want to provide depth in their wide department.

And that could well prove the case, with Fabrizio Romano claiming on Monday that Arsenal have ‘explored conditions’ for Shakhtar Donetsk winger Mychajlo Mudryk.

The 21-year-old, also wanted by Everton, enjoyed a bright first season in Ukrainian football, scoring twice and registering nine assists in just 19 appearances, before the campaign was cut short due to the ongoing conflict with Russia.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button