Manchester United boss Erik ten Hag has set his sights on two more potential signings in advance of Thursday’s all-important transfer deadline, according to reports.
The Red Devils have already welcomed a handful of new faces since the end of last season, with the likes of Antony, Casemiro and Christian Eriksen having joined the club over the last few months
United have already spent in excess of £210million on recruitment this summer as Ten Hag looks to reshape his squad in preparation for a top-four challenge in the Premier League over the course of the campaign
The Dutchman is not yet done, though, and wants to add as many as two more players to his ranks before the transfer window closes on Thursday evening, according to The Guardian.
It is said that United are keen on bringing Barcelona right-back Sergino Dest to Old Trafford after the 21-year-old was deemed surplus to requirements by the Catalan giants earlier this summer.
Ten Hag is said to have identified Dest as an upgrade on Aaron Wan-Bissaka and exploratory talks have already been held between United and Barcelona with a view to a season-long loan deal.
Dest has been omitted from the last two matchday squads by Barcelona coach Xavi, with new signing Jules Kounde having been selected to feature in his place at right-back against Real Valladolid on Sunday.
A move to United for Dest is said to be within the realms of possibility, but the Red Devils will need to step things up as a matter of priority to rubber-stamp the proposed switch ahead of Thursday’s cut-off point.